PDP chieftain Raymond Dokpesi’s United States (U.S.)visa has ben revoked because his name is on the looters list released by the FG, the media mogul has said.
According to TheNation, he has sued Minister of Information and Culture Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who announced the list, seeking payment of N5billion damages.
He is seeking N5billion damages for alleged defamation of character. Dokpesi said the defendants allegedly sent his name as a looter to the United States Embassy, which in turn notified him on March 16 that his visa had been revoked.
The US Embassy, he said, told him it was because his name was among a looters list submitted to it by the FG.
The plaintiff said the publication of his name as a looter was malicious since he has not been convicted by any court of competent jurisdiction.
Dokpesi prayed that the retraction and apology to him be published both in the social media and in newspaper and televisions stations.
He is also praying for an order compelling the defendants, including Attorney-General of the Federation Abubakar Malami (SAN), to publish a full retraction of the defamatory publications and to apologise to him.